Friday, March 9, 2012

Hi San Diegans,

This sounds a little corny and naive, but it has always been my dream to live in San Diego. I absolutely fell in love with it 10 yrs ago. (esp. Balboa Park, La Jolla, Mission area, Northern SD) - the weather, size, beaches, a good size metropolis, etc. I'm a native of Portland, Or. but have been living in Los Angeles now for the past 10 yrs. due to school and my job. Now I am thinking I need to change to a smaller city (and it'll be hopefully a little cheaper than LA)

But - this sounds weird, I have concerns that moving to San Diego with this preconceived dream of it's resort-like town will eventually disappoint me? I'm sure San Diego has it's many problems just like anywhere else. Is there something I should be warned about?

Like where do the upper 20's to mid -30something crowd hang out at (besides Pacific Beach)? I'm not a huge bar person anymore... I love indie shops, small restaurants, cafes and nature.

What are your recommendations? Do you love/like/hate SD?|||San Diego is no different than any other resort town. You will see tourists at certain places such as Sea World or dowtown La Jolla but they are not everywhere. It's just like when you go to Vegas, outside of the strip looks just like any other town. They have schools, swapmeets, 7-11s, you get my point.

The housing price in SD has gone down significantly and it's actually cheaper than LA. The reason I say this is because in SD, if you are looking for a good bargain, you can go a little east such as Mira Mesa or Rancho Bernardo that are still good neighborhoods. However, in LA, the only options are the ghetto places. If you don't belive me, name me a decent place near LA where I can get one bedroom apartment for $1000 per month.

I moved to LA from SD a couple years ago because of school and job like in your situation and I dream of the day that I move back to SD. I miss all the outdoor activities I used to do such as running, bicycling, or just going to the beach. In LA, I have to drive to certain places to enjoy these activities and the traffic is just unbearable. Sure, I could put on my running shoes and jog around my neighborhood but I learned that it's not a good idea real fast.

I can't think of one bad thing about SD. Perhaps the people who have always lived there seem a little naive about how the other half live but the place is like a paradise so you can't really blame them. My first choice would be Ocean Beach because it's close to PB without all the craziness. I also wouldn't mind La Jolla because it is at the center of everything.

If you love the outdoors and appreciate good weather, I don't think you will be disappointed with San Diego.|||i love it


wow



SAN DIEGO is beautiful to live ....hurry up|||Dude going to San Diego is such a hard place to live. If you do move there, stay North. Things begin to be cheaper and less people. Yea I guess I would go back.|||yes , but its expensive ,but if you live in LA you can handle it|||idk bout the actual city of san diego. i live in north county, and carlsbad is pretty busy on the weekends. i love living in oceanside. i can go to san diego, orange county, or riverside county all in about 45 minutes. i think oceanside and carlsbad have the best weather of the whole county, and are less expensive than the city, yet not too far removed. i mean, yeah san diego is over a million people, but oceanside is almost a quarter of a million, so its pretty nicely sized. La jolla is nice...so is encinitas (for north county) just remember, there is so much in san diego county. if you get tired of the big city, you can move to a suburb. or you can start in north county and see if you like it.|||LA to San Diego transition isn't a big deal.. It's a little more expensive than LA but not by much. If you can line up a better paying job here than what you have, it'll be an easy move.

I like it a lot better than LA, I feel confined in LA for some reason.|||I am 25 and I am living in North Park/City Heights which is a great area for walking around and the rent is good. South Park and University Heights are nice and still affordable, while Hillcrest and Ocean Beach are now getting wicked $$$$.

North County is for rich, whiny hacks who can't handle the real world.

I don't know, I am from the northeast and San Diego will never feel like a real city to me, except for the
homeless problem and traffic. I moved out here from Buffalo/Rochester NY last year with my husband and I was really disappointed with this town. I am getting used to it now, but I will never really "love" it like most people do. Maybe I am the exception, but I like seasons, an educated populous and some kind of culture that doesn't revolve around the beach or shopping.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment