Friday, February 3, 2012

I had the best Margarita there, but forgot to ask for the recipe. I think it had orange juice, Contreau, Grand Marnier and tequilla, but I know I am missing some ingredients and need to know the correct quantities.|||Hi,

As a Bartender of many years, I will share my favorite basic recipe.

Glass full of ice - add:

2 parts Gold Tequila
1 part Triple sec (Or cointreau) If you use Grand Marnier, it should be floated on the top, after shaking, and the orange juice omitted.

1 part Sweet and Sour Mix (Sometimes listed as Margarita Mix)
1 Lime - Large (Not a Key Lime - too tart) freshly squeezed (If it feels a little tough - rub it on a cutting board before you cut it or put it in a microwave oven for 10 seconds on high). Please do not use sweetened Lime juice (Like Roses) or the plastic fake lime that you can find in the produce section.

Splash of Orange juice.

Shake it slightly

Remember, the very 1st Margarita's in Mexico were only Tequila, Orange Juice and Fresh Lime Juice. NOTHING MORE! I find that the fewer bottled ingredients and the more fresh, the better it tastes.

Good Mixing!

James|||This sounds very refreshing!

Report Abuse

|||Tell ya what, sweet'eart, gimme 500 clams and I'll make the bartender an offer he can't refuse.

Answered by the Godfather.|||Just next time when you go out ask for a Golden Margarita...thats what the concoction is called....made the same in most places, make sure they use the orange juice and the Grande Marnier

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment