Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hi - I'm looking for some ideas on things to do this coming weekend (Memorial Day weekend) around the Massachusetts area. Including southern Maine, east coast NH, northern CT or RI.

We have a 12 year old, so something that she'd be interested in. She likes thrilling theme parks - we're hoping to avoid six flags because its so expensive...

I already have as ideas, going to Ogunquit, ME, doing Canobie in NH, or perhaps this park I saw called Lake Compounce in CT (i know nothing about it though)...or Boston's Aquarium, MOS, or Stone Zoo.

I'm looking for lesser-known fun spots...that you can't really find from an easy internet search.

Anyone have any thoughts?|||Hey,
I live in CT and i've been to both six flags and lake compounce.
Let me tell you Lake Compounce is so much cheaper.
There are not very many extra fees like in six flags. In six flags you can either wait in long lines for tubes or pay for them, but at Lake Compounce the tubes are included in the fee. mmmmm..... what else it might be a little cold but Misquamicut Beach in RI is my favorite around here.(CT beaches have no waves because they are blocked off by the long island sound. There's Hershey park in PA, but that might be to far. Other great beaches are Lake george, NY and Cape Cod. In mass. theres Faneuil Hall and quincy market. I don't know how far north you are willing to go, but there is also Niagara Falls with a NY and Canada side. Sorry I don't know to much about Maine and NH, but i will try to give you some good links below.
Good luck and have a fun trip!!!!!|||I live here in Boston have all my life and let me tell you the Aquirium is not worth it, it is wicked small.

Canobie Lake is a great choice I love it there. Try tour at Fenway Park those are always great.|||Well if you want a theme park you could try Canobie Lake. You could go down to the Cape (there is a lot to do there for a weekend: beaches, shops, drive in movie in welfleet, horseback riding, food, etc). I'd go to Boston though and do the aqarium and museum of science, duck tour, swan boats, they really are fun.|||Go see a game.|||Checkout this website for full details of things to do in the area http://www.boston-vacation-hotels.com Good Luck!!|||Go to the Earthfest on Saturday, a family-friendly FREE concert on the Esplanade in Boston. Since it's supposed to be a sunny day, there should be a big crowd. Can't beat the price and it's always lots of fun when the weather is nice. You could add other cool things to do in the city and make it a great day (freedom trail, Quincy Market,etc.) In my opinion, you can't visit New England without seeing Boston, and Saturday will be a great day to do so!http://www.bostonradio929.com/earthfest.aspx

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment