Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm currently working at a Marriott property in Orlando, FL. I've been with the company for 10 years. I recently got a promotion and suddenly began to realize that the particular property I'm at now, is not the one for me. Unfortunately, with Marriott if you're a manager you can't transfer until after a year in your new positon. I'll have a heart attack before then I'm sure. I've been offered a position at the Gaylord Palms and am very interested! Does anyone know about this company? I know they're a tiny property compared to Marriott, but is this a good place to be employed with?|||You'll suffer from culture shock when you move from a large corporation to a small, familiy owned company.
I started with a large corporation ( billion dollar revenue) and if I came up with a good idea, I had to give it to my boss, who had to give it to his boss, who had to give it to his boss---you get the picture.
I then went to a small, family owned corporation. We were encouraged to come up with ideas, and when we did, the reponse was usually, try it---see what happens.
You work for a large corp, the accent is on, don't rock the boat. Work for a small company, the accent is on, let;s see how well we can do this, and, you can get a hell of a lot done if you don't care who gets the credit.
America's future is not with the giant companies, but with ther little companies who dare to do things diffgerently.
So, if Gayloird Palms is a small, family owned and operated company,be prepared to be challenged and even have some fun.
Best of luck to you. You sound like I did 30 years ago.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment