Monday, February 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I are going to Orlando in July. The Disney resorts were much more expensive so we booked a 6 night stay at the Gaylord Palms. Now that I'm trying to plan, I see that it would have been a better idea to splurge on the Disney resort, however it's too late. So to my question..what are some ways we can get around? Our hotel has free shuttles to all the Disney parks along with Downtown Disney but what about other places like Sea World or Universal? And also if I made a dinner reservation at one of the restaurants at a Disney resort hotel could I take my hotel shuttle to one of the parks and use the Disney bus to get to that particular resort? I'm not sure how to Disney buses work seeing as I wouldn't be staying on THEIR resort. I heard too about the iTrolley system for International Drive but I don't know how we would get there to use that?|||Although you can take a shuttle to a park or Downtown Disney then a Disney bus to a resort. realize that this process is going to take about an hour and half, if not two hours to complete.

the free shuttle service these off site hotels offer are pretty bad. the pick up at several hotels, they are always way over crowded and the drop you off far from the parks gate. If there is any way to cancel the hotel and stay at WDW do so.|||Unless your hotel offers a shuttle I think the best way to get to Sea World is by cab.

As for Disney tranportation, buses, boats, and monorail, these are free for use whether you are staying on site or not.|||Are you sure you can't cancel your reservation and make one for the Disney Resort? Usually you can cancel the reservations with no charges up to 24-48 hours before the reservation.

If you can't do that then here are my suggestions:

1) you are already covered getting to all the Disney parks, so that is good. Do they also pick you up at the airport? If not, you can use the same company to pick you up & drop you off at the airport and to take you to Sea World & Universal. There name is Mears Transportation. They are reliable and affordable. http://www.mearstransportation.com/

2) I believe you can use the Disney Transportation to get from the park to the hotel. When we were there, you did not have to show proof that you were staying on-site to use it.

If you have any more questions, just e-mail me|||Since your hotel has free shuttles to Disney and that's what you seem to be mainly doing, I think it might cost too much to rent a car for a few trips. You can always take the city bus, but that can get confusing. The best way to do it would be to get a cab there and back.
As for the question about you going to dinner, yes. once you're in the Disney park, the boat, monorail and bus are free and for your use. Certain hotels might be better to get to with the monorail, however I believe they have buses going to and back from all the resorts.
Have fun!|||Honestly, you are going to get very frustrated with your hotel's transportation. You might seriously consider renting a car. I've attempted to use off-property hotel transport twice - notice I said attempted. I got so frustrated with how stinky it was, I ended up renting a car after I got there. Disney's transportation is awesome. Off-site hotels - not so much.

If you are determined to use the free shuttles, you can either rent a car for just a couple of days or use a service. The most affordable and the best service I have ever used is Mears, who also runs shuttles from the airport. They will schedule your pick-ups and drop-offs.

You are allowed to use Disney's transportation as a paying guest. You don't have to be an on-property hotel guest. Technically, they reserve the right to see your ticket anytime, but I have never seen them do it.|||3 words, not joking....RENT A CAR. You are going to be miserable waiting for these buses and shuttles. Rent a car with a tom tom and you will be 100% happier. I promise. Orlando is BIG and the parks are BIG and spread out. There is a lot to see here and the hotel your staying at, while gorgeous, is very far from everything. 6 days of busses and shuttles is going to drive you nuts. Hope this helps. Have a GREAT time. RENT A CAR!!!|||I am shocked you found a better deal at Gaylord Palms then a Disney Value resort. That is impossible

火车采集器
  • utah weather
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment