Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My birthday is in May, and i am going to turn 16. I want to begin working after my birthday, and start at an amusment park in my state(ct) called Lake Compounce. You must be at least 16 to work there, but the "Job Fair" is in April so i cant apply then.

I called Lake Compounce and they told me that since we are in the middle of a recession, that more adults will start taking the jobs, that are made for teenagers. I dont think this is fair. Adults should not be able to take teenage jobs. There is a minimum age to work so there should me a maxium age to work at certain places like:
McDonalds
Amusment Parks
ect..

Could you give me your opinion. am i wrong??|||It's good, both in a good and bad way, due to this period of time.|||Recession or not, Americans who are supporting for adults to take jobs from American teens.

Don't realize supporting employment changes like this, will be only be fully supporting lowering the national minimum wage, for all Americans to teenage hourly pay rates rates.

American minimum wages for adults are already three to four times lower than in any other first world or western civilized country.

In mine or many other global countries you never see an adult working in teenage designed employment, or anyone over thirty working in a bar.|||There can't be a maximum age to work at places unless it is for all places, and the only reason a maximum age would make sense is if the reasoning is incompetence for example being too old to see or function properly. Like 1/2 a brain said, adults need the money more than a teenager. What if your parents needed a second job to help pay your bills and keep a roof over your head, would you rather have your teenage friend get that job because it's not fair your parents would be taking her "teenage job"|||I disagree that there should be a maximum age for people to work at certain places.
that would be discrimation.
I'm 16 too and lots of my friends are having trouble finding a job and as much as i hate to say it, it's understandable.
Adults are more experienced and reliable than us.|||You're wrong, I know it seems unfair but think of it this way, those adults need the money to buy food and pay bills, you don't.|||I feel teens should be able to work too. They need money as well.|||Depends on how sexy they are. The girls who work at my house are clean and free of STDs.|||It wouldn't be fair to say an adult couldn't work somewhere like that. Sometimes people need the money to be able to feed their kids and pay the bills, and not everyone can work a 9-5 job. Some parents have to work weekends when the grandparents or the other parent can look after the children. In the end, an adult who needs to pay for things and look after others needs the money more than a 16 year old who is living with their parents.

I've worked part-time whilst studying since I was 16, and I still feel this way. My mum used to work in a fast food restaurant during weekends and evenings as well as her main job just so she could afford to pay the rent.|||Setting 'maximum' ages for employment is the first step before death camps for those 'too old to work.'

Jobs are given to whoever qualifies, and there's always a chance that you might be better qualified for a position than anyone else, so just apply.

I find your stance on the issue to be highly inflammatory and indicative of unfounded ageist biases. One day you will be where they are - how would you feel if all the jobs you were qualified to do were forbidden you because you were 'too old?' The minimum age-limit exists to both prevent the exploitation of children and to ensure that potential employees have the required maturity to handle the responsibility of the job. This of course can backfire as there are 12 year olds with awesome work-ethics out there and 16 year olds who bear striking resemblances to kindergarten students.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment